Friday, September 13, 2013

Ika Musume Ferrari - Part 1

First day with the Ika Musume Ferrari!

The first thing I wanted to work on was adding the vents on the hood. In GTC, there are two different vents which are not represented in the kit:


So I need to create them.


First, using a regular paper, create an outline of the vents. Using the picture above as reference, I figured the vents were square of 10mm x 10mm, and I also guessed the size of the vent to the upper left.


Then using the knife, cut a hole slightly smaller than the outline. In the picture below, the black is the outline of the actual size.


Then using a file and/or sanding paper, make the holes the proper size, and smooth out the edges:


Using a 1mm plastic sheet, create the vents and glue them in place.


From another angle:


I will need to use the putty to smooth out the final edges, but I will do that another time. There are many other modifications to the body, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment