Thursday, September 12, 2013

New Arrivals!

Two new models came in mail in the past couple of days. Needless to say, I am very excited

  1. Back to the Future Delorean (Part I)
  2. Ika Musume Ferrari (Super GT 2011)




Back to the Future Delorean (Part I)

It should be very familiar to many people: The iconic Delorean from Back to the Future movie. Depending on which one from the triology, the Delorean takes different versions. I will be building the very first version (with the lightening pole).


The kit is from Aoshima (got it from HobblyLink Japan http://www.hlj.com), and it's 1/24 scale model.


It comes with a detail-up kit which is some photo-etched parts.

The challenge would be to look for reliable references. It seems like not many people have built this and posted their progress on the web. A quick search on Google Image did not return many useful pictures either. I need to watch the movie and note as much detail as I can :-)


Ika Musume Ferrari (Super GT 2011)

This is a race car by LMP Motorsport/Pacific NAC team that ran during the 2011 (and 2012) Super GT series in Japan (GT300 class). This is a famous Itasha (Wiki Link) that features anime series Ika Musume. The best result was the Sepang race in 2011, where they got 3rd and ended in the podium.


The kit is from Fujimi (got it from Amazon http://www.amazon.ca), and it's 1/24 scale model. I also bought the detail up kit from Hobby Design (from HobbyLink Japan http://www.hlj.com). One thing is that this kit is actually based on Ferrari 430 from Ferrari Challenge (picture below), and so it differs from GTC which this car is based on. This means there are going to be some modifications to be done to the kit!


This one, I am very excited about because it is going to be the most challenging one I will have done, for the following reasons:
  • It is my first race car model. Race cars have many decals for liveries which is hard to do correctly. Plus it makes the clear coat more challenging too
  • The kit is based on Ferrari Challenge, but the actual car is based on Ferrari GTC. This means there are many modifications to be done. I've never done anything like it.
  • The detail up kit from Hobby Design is really detailed, with many very fine parts that will require a lot of focus and attention.
  • I already know that some parts has be built from scratch
Luckily, there are many references on the internet, both the model and the real car. I will just need to take my time and recreate the best I can the real car.



Stay tuned for progress on these kits!

No comments:

Post a Comment