Sunday, September 8, 2013

Previously Completed Models - II

1/24 Toyota 86 from Tamiya

I picked this up after several good reviews and videos on the web, and I was excited to build this. 


This was very enjoyable to build thanks to the quality of Tamiya kits. For this kit, I had a lot of references, in particular a video series from Tamiya (all in Japanese) on ustream, and an episode from a Japanese show called Plamo Tsukurou.


Since I had just built a car, I was more comfortable with the painting etc. The most challenging part was the wheels. I also found out later that black is a hard body colour to perfect. I did not use surfacer before the black spray, and it shows. But I am satisfied with the clear coat. 


The area I wished I could have added more detail was the engine. The kit did not come with any tubing, and I did not have any handy. I painted the alternator which added some details, but it could've been better. 



Anyway, here are more pictures of the car:





No comments:

Post a Comment