Sunday, September 8, 2013

Previously Completed Models - I

1/24 Aston Martin DBS from Tamiya

This is the first model I attempted since I restarted modelling this year.


I wanted to do this because
  1. I like the look of Aston Martins
  2. I like driving AM in Gran Turismo 5 (though they only have DB9 and V12 Vantage)
  3. It's one of the James Bond car.

The model being made by Tamiya, the quality and detail is superb, and it was enjoyable to build. This being the first one I've done, I definitely missed some crucial details such as dealing with parting lines in the body. Also, at the time of building this, I hadn't invested in airbrush, so everything was painted by regular brush (the body and chassis were painted using Tamiya spray cans).

Overall, I'm satisfied with the outcome as the first model to complete.




Here are some more pictures (Please excuse the miscellaneous clutter on the desktop ;-) ):



Bonus: An artistic shot I did by shining a flash light from right above in an almost pitch dark room


No comments:

Post a Comment