Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ika Musume Ferrari - Part 6

I was working on the body and made a huge mistake. I was putting on the panel line using acrylic paint (I think this was my first mistake. Looking through the web, I should have used the enamel paint), and some went over the edge. I tried to wipe using acrylic thinner, but it just smudged it all over the white body.


To fix it, I decided to repaint the part of the body white and masking the area around. This turned out to be the fatal mistake. When I peeled off the masking take, the decals came off with it, leaving the huge gap.




So the lesson is: Never put tape over the decals!

I fixed it by printing a small missing piece and gluing it onto the body. It looks ugly up close, but from a little bit far away it is barely noticeable. 
Other than that, I started working on adding extra pieces to the body, such as the mesh, head lights, tow hooks etc. For the mesh, I used the aluminum mesh usually used for making fences for dioramas. I found it is much easier to cut, bend and in general to deal with.


No comments:

Post a Comment