Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ika Musume Ferrari - Part 4

Today I've made some progress on the interior. There seems to be quite a bit of differences between the challenge and the GTC, so the interior needed quite a bit ore work than I expected.

First, some reference photos I used to recreate:






First big differences I noticed was the centre console (with the sequential shifter instead of paddle shifters). Had to make this from scratch (Also notice the dash before work was done):
Work in progress:
Added a few extra things and mounted back in the interior
Next is the dash. This was another area which needed big modification. The centre panel was made from scratch, the monitor (you can see it in the reference pictures, not sure what it's used for?) is also made from a styrene sheet. 
Wheel is next. There is no paddle shifters and the shape of the steering column is different from challenge, so this is also mostly scratch built.


The pedals also needed work. Since in GTC, there is a clutch pedal whereas in challenge there is only two, I had to use both the PE and the original parts. The shapes and the sizes are slightly off, but they will be mostly hidden, so as long as there are three, I'm fine with it
Lastly, the roll cage. I didn't put too much effort into it, and I feel it's not quite how I want it to be, so I might put in a little more work (If you look closely, this roll cage differs from the one used in GTC as in references above).
So at the end of the day, this is what we have:






















The interior is not finished yet! The things I still need to do are:

  • Seats: Paint the back in carbon, and the seat itself in matte black
  • Seatbelt: Use PE parts to make the seat belts - I started this, but not finished
  • Air conditioning unit: This you can see in the third reference picture. It's a black box that sits beside the centre console in front of the fire extinguisher (which, comparing with the reference, the GTC is bigger than the one I have. 
  • Wiring: I may or may not add this, since I have no idea where any of the cables go (and I have no references for this)







No comments:

Post a Comment